Thursday, February 7, 2013

Test Ride


The roads were dry enough yesterday that I was able to take the new bike out for a spin or two around the block.
Wow. Exhilerating. Cold.
Fun. Fast!
I can't get over the responsiveness of this bike. The power transfer from me to the road is like instantanious, and I can feel every power application being put forth. Sitting in the saddle, pushing harder, the bike wants to lurch out from underneath me! Almost scary!
My old bike, the Trek, didn't seem to be that responsive. Maybe its the chain, all stretched out. I did notice some teeth missing on the big chain ring. I'm hanging on to that bike for mountain biking fun!
The new bike was worth the money. I'm more comfortable, though I think there is still some tweaking (shorter stem for one, still a far reach to the hoods) to be done, but we will see once the weather starts cooperating and I start logging more miles off the trainer.

No comments: