Saturday, March 20, 2010

Desert 6

I trundled over to my work station and began my shift as usual. Thinking about the meeting John and I had, hmm. Should I go into the details of my "dreams"? "Steve,can you come here a second?". john was standing at his office door, waving me in. Now what? I thought. I walked over, he put his arm on my shoulder. ' I have a new employee i want you to meet. Sitting in the chair i was just in a few minutes ago was a slim man with dark hair and skin. "I would like you to me Najeeb." I about dropped to the floor! How could this be! The man stood up, and I dodnt recognize anything familiar about him other than his coloring. He stuck his hand out. "Hi" he said with a thick middle eastern accent. "Najeeb is going to be working in the processing division and he will be reporting to you for everything". "Uh, ok. Nice to meet you Najeeb" I said. john turned and directed us out back to the floor. "Steve, if he needs anything, you make sure he gets it.' John said, walking us back towards my station. I turned to Najeeb and asked him if we had met before. "No, I just came to U.S. 2 month ago from Pakistan.I dont see how we could have met." 'Wow, you speak English very well" I said. He smiled and nodded. But he had this grin on his face, you know the grin; I know something you dont kinda grin.This is gettin all too weird for me. Maybe I need another vacation.

No comments: