Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fast Forward 2013

So, the rest of 2012 didnt go like I had hoped it would have and depression reared it's ugly head and knocked me down. I was angry, sad, confused and really thought of giving up on this whole bike thing.

But I didnt Give Up!!!

I talked to the Mrs about what was going on with me. I told her how I was feeling and we discussed what was happening to me. I felt alot better. Like a huge weight had been lifted off of me.

I didnt stop riding, I just didnt ride everyday. And that break felt good. I needed it. I cleared my head, focused more on the diet rather the bike. And speaking of diet, I have stopped eating the processed foods, fast foods and soda pop. I started with a 3 day detox of just plain, juiced fruits and veggies. I lost 3 pounds to boot! The girls are doing the veegan thing, and I havent gotten there yet.

The past 2 rides have been wonderful. Both were 45 minutes, and I felt really good afterwards. I bought a Bontrager saddle from Oswego Cyclery on the 31st. Now that its dialed in, it feels really good. No more numbness in certain areas. I did spend a little from the bike fund for this saddle, but Ill make it up.

RAGBRAI
Google RAGBRAI. It's a wonderful event, and looks like something I may want to do in the future. There are some YouTube videos covering it as well. Shan even said she is interested in it too! That would be a great vacation for the 2 of us!

Peace!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this, Dave, it's great to hear how your family is growing through struggles and redeeming them. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelly! ANd blessings to you as well.